The designer of many critically acclaimed Star Wars games joins the podcast to discuss -- surprise -- Star Wars! And games!
We're publishing this episode on May the Fourth...so we somehow wrangled superstar designer Corey Konieczka (Star Wars: Rebellion, Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny, and Star Wars: Outer Rim...phew!) for our Star Wars special show. Now at his own studio Unexpected Games (The Initiative, Voices in my Head, 3000 Scoundrels), Corey humors our geeky Star Wars board game questions and discusses what makes a design transcend its mechanics.
(And did someone say Jar-Jar Binks Deck-Builder...?)
- 3:05 - Shoe's game pick: Darwin's Journey.
- 6:17 - Corey's game pick: Betrayal Legacy.
- 11:40 - Christina's game pick: Wicked & Wise.
- 15:47 - Shoe's topic: Designing Star Wars games.
- 32:10 - Christina's topic: Favorite Star Wars tabletop experiences.
- 41:29 - Corey's topic: Games that transcend mechanics.