Why video gamers like board games, good rule books, Betrayal Legacy vs. Tales of the Arabian Nights, merging games to form new games.
Back to our regular (non-Best of Year) programming! The new four topics:
- Special guest Emerson Matsuuchi (Century series, Reef, the upcoming Metal Gear Solid game) ponders what qualities of board games attract video gamers.
- Christina goes over what makes for a fun and helpful rule book.
- Nick pits Tales of the Arabian Nights against Betrayal Legacy to discuss giving players meaningful story choices.
- Shoe asks Emerson how he approaches designing games that can be merged together to form new ones.
See a full list of the games mentioned on the show below.
Emerson's games we mentioned:
- Century: Spice Road
- Century: Eastern Wonders
- Century: From Sand to Sea
- Century: A New World Specter Ops
- Metal Gear Solid
- The Settlers of Catan
- Ticket to Ride
- Castles of Burgundy
- Broom Service
- Space Alert
- Dungeon Petz
- Galaxy Trucker
- Brass: Lancashire
- Brass: Birmingham
- Tales of the Arabian Nights
- Choose Your Own Adventure: House of Danger
- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
- Betrayal Legacy
- Betrayal at House on the Hill
- Forest of Fate
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Agents of SMERSH
- Tokyo Game Series: Jidohanbaiki, Jutaku, and Metro
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and RSS Feed.