The making of sci-fi epic Gen7, how game mechanics trigger emotions, dice vs. worker placement, pros and cons of promos.
Steve Nix, designer of the ambitious sci-fi "Crossroads" board game Gen7, joins the podcast this week! Our four topics:
- Building the ambitious world of Gen7.
- How designers use game mechanics to trigger certain emotions in gamers (think: the dread from drawing infection cards in Pandemic).
- Dice-placement vs. worker-placement games.
- Are board game promos a good or bad thing?
See a full list of the games mentioned on the show below.
Shoe's topic: Building the world of Gen7
Steve's topic: How mechanics inspire emotion
- Dead of Winter
- Arkham Horror
- Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island
- Forbidden Island
- Forbidden Desert
- Forbidden Sky
- Letters from White Chapel
- Fury of Dracula
- Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space
Christina's topic: Dice-placement vs. worker-placement
- Caverna: The Cave Farmers
- Lords of Waterdeep
- The Voyages of Marco Polo
- Teotihuacan: City of Gods
- Bora Bora
- Alien Frontiers
- Cosmic Run: Regeneration
- Architects of the West Kingdom
- Lords of Vegas
- The Castles of Burgundy
Mike's topic: Promos
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle
- Android: Netrunner
- Star Wars Destiny
- Urban Tribes
- Shards of Infinity
- Kashgar: Merchants of the Silk Road
- Hollywood Golden Age