Board games we only play digitally, the best ones that need apps, board gaming to help your career, and themed snacks.
This week, guest Theresa Duringer joins the board game discussion. She's the co-founder of Temple Gates Games, the developer responsible for digital ports of several popular tabletop games like Roll for the Galaxy or Shards of Infinity. And she's a pretty damn good baker, too.
Here are the four new topics everyone brought to this episode:
- Shoe: What board or card games do you only play digitally (and not physically)?
- Mike: What are some of the best app-assisted board games?
- Theresa: Board games as the great social democratizer (and how they can help your career).
- Christina: Making themed snacks for board game nights.
See a full list of games mentioned on the show below.
- Race for the Galaxy
- Roll for the Galaxy
- Shards of Infinity
Shoe's topic: Games you only play digitally and won't play physically
- The Settlers of Catan
- The Castles of Burgundy
- Ticket to Ride
Mike's topic: Best app-assisted board games
- Mansions of Madness
- Chronicles of Crime
- Exit: The Game
- Unlock! Escape Adventures
Christina's topic: Hosting game nights with themed food
- Edible Games Cookbook by Jenn Sandercock
- Mice and Mystics
- Resident Evil 2
- (All games can lead to democratization!)
- Starfarers of Catan
- Porta Nigra
- Through the Ages
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and RSS Feed.