Great "pub" games, gamer personalities (and how they alter how we play), and how our video game careers have changed board gaming habits.
Anna Kipnis joins us this week! As a former designer/programmer at Double Fine Productions (Broken Age), she brings a fresh perspective to all things tabletop gaming.
Our four new topics:
- Nick: Small, easy-to-play games that are great for a night out at the bar.
- Christina: What playing board games reveals about our friends' personalities.
- Anna: How our personalities intertwine (or conflict with) with game rules.
- Shoe: How working in the video game industry has affected how we play board games.
See a full list of games mentioned on the show below
- Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done
- Small World
Nick's topic: Great pub games
- Liar's Dice
- The Mind
- A Fake Artist Goes to New York
- Dead Last
- Just One
- A Game of Thrones: Hand of the King
Christina's topic: Games that reveal people's personalities
- Pandemic Legacy
- Lost Cities
- Shadows Over Camelot
- Battlestar Galactica
- Secret Hitler
- The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31
Anna's topic: Human nature intersecting with game rules
- Dead of Winter
Shoe's topic: The influence of video games on board gaming preferences
- TIME Stories
- Puerto Rico
- Rising Sun