Our "3 games we'd save in a fire," our collecting habits, the hardships of being an indie designer, Tokyo Game Market.
Sorry for the delay but we're back! Our guest is Hyperbole Games's Grant Rodiek, a man who's seen it all in the world of tabletop games. He's the designer behind Cry Havoc, Imperius, Five Ravens, Hocus, SPQF, and more, so he's as experienced with working with big publishers as he is working on his own as an indie. Of course, like everyone else, Grant has to bring a topic for the group to discuss before we let him on the show.
Here's what we cover on this episode:
- Grant: What are the three games in your collection that you'd save above all others?
- Christina: What type of board game collector are you?
- Shoe: What are the problems that indie designers face, whether they work with a big publisher or not?
- Nick: Why the Tokyo Game Market was so cool.
Thank you for listening! See a full list of games mentioned on the show below.
- Cry Havoc
Christina's topic: What kind of game collector are you?
- Isle of Cats
- Puerto Rico
- 6 Nimmt
- Cockroach Poker
- The Mind
- No Thanks!
Grant's topic: Top 3 games you'd save
- Brass: Lancashire
- High Society
- La Boca
- Alien Frontiers
- The Mind
- Small World: Designer Edition
- War of the Ring
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Terra Mystica
- Gaia Project
- A Feast for Odin
- 7 Wonders
- Lost Cities
- Campy Creatures
Shoe's topic: The life and hardships of an indie game designer
Nick's topic: Tokyo Game Market
- Nine Tiles Panic
- Dual Clash Poker
- Here Comes the Dog
- Tokyo Highway
- Tokyo Series
- The Estates The Tale of Ord (PostCurious)