Tech journalist/author and first-time designer Dan Ackerman joins the podcast this week to share his perspectives on many things board games!
Our four topics this week:
- Mike: The psychological importance (or lack of) when it comes to winning at board games
- Shoe: What's it like making a board game for the first time?
- Christina: The current state of board game media and reviews
- Dan: How the indie board game scene is eerily similar to indie video games from five years ago
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and RSS Feed.
Here's a full list of the games mentioned on the show:
Mike's topic: The importance of winning
- Terra Mystica
- Foundations of Rome
- Fleet: The Dice Game
- Heroes of Land, Air, and Sea
Christina's Topic: The current state of board game media
- Flocks & Flyways
Dan's topic: How the indie board game scene is similar to indie video games five years ago
- Mansions of Madness
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault
- The Estates
- Le Havre
- Resident Evil 2: The Board Game
- Arkham Horror
- Deck Box Dungeons