This episode's guest comes with the strangest topic yet.
When Bebo offered her topic/question for this podcast episode, we didn't know what to make of it. It's was weird. It was unprecedented. We had no idea how we'd answer it.
So of course it had to go in the show. And in hindsight, it shouldn't have surprised us that the force behind Be Bold Games (check out her creative videos) and the author of The Everything Tabletop Games Book (affiliate link) would come up with the oddest -- and perhaps coolest -- topic we've had yet.
- Bebo: You are three board games in a trench coat. Which three games are you?
- Mike: The world's biggest board game show, Essen Spiel, is this week. What are we excited to see?
- Christina: Games that are or aren't worth their setup times
- Shoe: What's the biggest problem facing the board game industry/hobby?
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or RSS Feed.
Here's a full list of the games mentioned on the show:
Bebo's topic: Which 3 games in a trench coat are you?
- Junk Orbit
- Rebel Nox
- Flamme Rouge
- Web of Spies
- Detective: City of Angels
- Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
- Caverna: The Forgotten Folk
Mike's topic: Essen Spiel games we're looking forward to
- Cat Lady
- On Mars
- Deep Blue
- Azul: Summer Pavilion
- Marco Polo 2
- Merchant's Cover
- Paranormal Detectives
Christina's topic: Games that are and aren't worth the set-up time
- A Feast for Odin
- Terra Mystica
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault
- Mice and Mystics
- Stuffed Fables
- Twilight Imperium
Shoe's topic: What are the biggest problems with the board game hobby/industry today?
- Cards Against Humanity
- The Settlers of Catan
- King of Tokyo
- Ticket to Ride
- Care Bears: On the Path to Care-a-Lot
- Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game
- Crown of Emara
- The Primary
- Hive Mind
- Time's Up: Total Recall