Guest starring Scott Alden (owner) and Lincoln Damerst (host, GameNight!) of BoardGameGeek.
Scott "Aldie" Alden has achieved what no person has achieved before: made two guest appearances on the Going Analog Podcast (here's his first).
Sure, Aldie owns and operates the most prolifc of all board game websites in BoardGameGeek. And sure, he and BGG have been serving up every little bit of info you'd ever need on every board game ever for almost 20 years now. But "appeared on Going Analog Podcast twice!" has got to be at the top of his LinkedIn profile now. We're pretty a pretty big deal in our household, ya know. (Just wait until he finds out that we want him back again early next year to talk about BGG's 20th anniversary....)
Also joining us is Lincoln Damerst, Director of Media at BGG. Lincoln runs BGG's GameNight! show, featuring full playthroughs of a huge variety of board games.
Between these two board game geeks, there's enough gaming experience and knowledge to...well, at least record our longest episode yet.
Here are our four topics for this week:
- Christina: The best games that we played at BGGCON 2019
- Aldie: The best games that we played at BGGCON 2019 (that you probably never heard of)
- Shoe: Azul, Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra, and Azul: Summer Pavilion: Which one's the best?
- Lincoln: The worker-placement, creature-building game Abomination
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or RSS Feed.
Here's the drawing that we talk about on the show (for the game Draw Your Own Conclusions):
Here's a full list of the games mentioned on the show:
- Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra
- Azul: Summer Pavilion
Christina's topic: Best game of BGGCON
- Marvel Champions: The Card Game
- Silver Bullet
Aldie's topic: Best game at BGGCON that no one's heard of
- Soviet Kitchen Unleashed
- Match Me: What Color Is This?
- Tokyo Series
- The Magnificent
- Escape: The Curse of the Temple
- Santa Maria
- Rebel Nox
- Capital Lux
- Horticulture Master
- Orchard Ocean
- Draw Your Own Conclusions
Lincoln's topic: Abomination
- The Mind
- The Mind Extreme